Commercial Account Manager
RM-SAL-CON-MB Application close: 7 April 2019
Flexible – must be in post before September
Permanent or Placement
Remuneration/ Pay rate:
£18,000 p/a + Bonus
Forest Sofa Ltd is a growing UK manufacturer of domestic and contract upholstery. From the initial timber frames to the final hand studding, we are proud that all of our furniture is completed in one of our two purpose built factories located in Salford and Blackburn.
Our company ethos is to Learn, Evolve, Adapt and Develop. This is demonstrated in the new products we produce each year and the new ways of working that our well respected and hard-working employees help make happen.
• Outreach to potential customers through the use of mainly telephone and email
• Targeting prospects that have made enquiries through our website/phone line
• Using own initiative to contact potential customers through other sales channels
• Providing product information, advice, lead times
• Providing quotations using Excel
• Part of sales driven targets
• Assisting with showroom visitors on the shop floor
• Maintaining and improving relationships with existing and new customers
• Inputting orders on Sage 200
• Providing support & cover for contract coordinator role when necessary
The role would suit an exceptional recent graduate, who might not yet have been given the chance to prove themselves in a commercial environment.
Personality-wise, we are looking for someone with a pro-active, can-do attitude; able to take instructions, but who also has confidence and the voice to be able to make suggestions to improve processes and create efficiencies.
Communication is important part of this role so written and spoken English must be to a competent level. Finally, the ideal person will be of a bright, pleasant and approachable manner, able to work with people and on their own.
Your typical day is made up of a mix of phone calls, e-mails, quote preparation, product sourcing, administration, and meeting showroom customers. As such you will need demonstrate a strong ability to generate relationships with colleagues / suppliers and new clients; Therefore, a positive, driven attitude, excellent English language skills, a confident telephone manner, and a passion for selling is an absolute must.
Preferred Qualifications / Technical Skills:
• Strong user of MS OFFICE (Word / Outlook / Excel)
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
• Retail Sales / Customer Service Experience
Why Should You Apply?
- You would be joining a well-established and respected company.
- Hours of Work: 08.30 – 17.00 Monday to Thursday / 08.30 – 13.30 Friday.
- Working Hours: 37 per week
- 20 Days annual leave + Banks. Additional holiday awarded based on length of service.
- Free onsite parking.
- A dynamic working culture that is hard-working yet rewarding, guaranteed variety of work from day to day.
- Opportunity to gain qualifications and further training in areas relevant to the roll or suited to the development of the role and individual.
- B to B related sales role experience preferred.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with your name and reference RM-SAL-CON-MB in the subject line.